Here You can find useful advice’s and tricks how to use Your CombCut
Download as PDF or read below How to use my CombCut. Some hints
How to use my CombCut ? Some hints
Which types of weed´s can you control with CombCut ?
- CombCut has a scientifically proven effect on thistles, but can also be used on:
- Almost all kinds of weed with a physical difference compared with the culture–With right timing!
- Weed growing higher than the culture
Controlling charlock / wild mustard.
Controlling pigweed / lamb’s quarters.
Controlling volunteer plants and weed above the crop.
- Timing is by far the most important parameter
- Use CombCut when the physical difference between weed and culture is most significant
- Start as early as possible in the season
- Before the crop starts to form firm straws
- Comb through the flag leaves of the crop
- Before the flag leaves are formed, the risk of harming the crop is minimal
- ”Cut the weed before the seed”
- Cut the thistle when it has 6-8 leaves for best effect
- If necessary, repeat the cutting after 1-4 weeks
Visible long term result
Till vänster: utan CombCut. Till höger med CombCut. Parameter: SPEED
- Since the knives are static, CombCut works like a scythe
- Driving to slow reduces the cutting effect
- When driving slow, the brushes can be used to support the cutting process
- Recommended speed is minimum 8-10 km/h
- If possible, CombCut can be driven much faster
- We have examples up to 22 km/h
- Recommended height can be 8-12 cm below the top of the crop
- If crop is thick, it’s better to raise CombCut higher
- To let more crop pass through the knives easier
- To avoid damage in the culture
- In very thick crops (or in crops you cannot comb), cut the weed right above the crop
- In many cases CombCut can be used without the wheels
- This makes it easier to adjust the cutting height ”on-the-run”
Combs through the crop, cuts the weed and can beused during the entire growing phase.. Parameter: PITCH ANGLE
- The pitch angle (lending forwards/backwards) is adjusted with the Top Link in the three-point linkage
- When leaning CombCut forwards, the knives become more aggressive
- Leaning forward is best if cut material has a tendency to collect right behind the knives
- WE RECOMMEND TO USE A HYDRAULIC TOP LINK
- This makes it easy to adjust the pitch angle
- Pitch angle can be adjusted ”on-the-run”
Angle, Setting: 30-50
To cut less aggressive:
Left on pic. Increase the opening between the knives,Setting: 5-25. Right on pic: Angle: 50-70 If material is collected between the knife and the holder:
Left: Increase the opening between the knives (Moving the brushes forward can also be helpful…) Right: This can be compensated by a more aggressive angle.
- We recommend that you always take notes of what settings are best for different types of crop, weed, time of year, growth stage, etc.
- This way you will build your own experience howto use CombCut best, in your local conditions
- Since settings could vary with different conditions, there is only one table showing general settings. Additional adjustment could be necessary to get the most optimum cutting result
- Don’t forget that the sharpeness of the knives also has an influence on the cutting result